Hi Jonny

No real answer, but you can equate two fixed stations, but you will need to 
specify error values for one or both of them.  I have done it before with 
coordinates in the same cs.  It should work for differing cs (I have done this 
in different circumstances), but of course not for an arbitrary coordinate 
system.  There are some interesting hacks needed in some circumstances, see 
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.therion/2909/match=loop+fix

Stacho indicated he would look at correcting some of the issues raised, perhaps 
why the next update is taking so long :-)



>From the therion book…



fix <station> [<x> <y> <z> [<std x> <std y> <std z>]] ◃ fix station 
coordinates (with specified errors—only the units transformation, not 
calibration, is applied to them).



And on transforming the plt coordinates, the calibrate option of the import 
command on page 33 of The Therion Book seems to suggest a way forward.  I have 
never used ‘import’ so cannot speak from experience.



Bruce



  _____  

From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf 
Of Jonny Prouty
Sent: Saturday, 4 August 2012 6:21 a.m.
To: List for Therion users
Subject: [Therion] mixing local and global coordinate systems



Hello all,



I have a compass PLT file that I would like to import into an existing therion 
project that I have. The therion project has numerous fixed stations, all in 
the same UTM zone. Unfortunately, if I try to equate a station in the PLT file 
with the equivalent station in my project, I can't proceed as I can't mix local 
(in the PLT file) and global (in my project) coordinate systems. If I comment 
out all of the "cs" commands in my therion project as a test, I can't proceed 
because therion won't allow two fixed stations to be equated with one another. 
Removing the "cs" commands isn't really a viable option anyways since I need 
the stations to have real-world coordinates so that I can load the maps into 
QGIS and GRASS.



My question then is is it possible to override the coordinates of an imported 
PLT file, transforming them into the coordinate system of my project? Thanks 
very much in advance!



Best regards,



Jonny

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20120804/42643a75/attachment.html>

Reply via email to