Hello Bruce, Thanks for the suggestions! I'll go have a more thorough look through the therion book. The calibrate command looks particularly promising!
Jonny On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Bruce <bruce at tomo.co.nz> wrote: > ** > > Hi Jonny**** > > No real answer, but you can equate two fixed stations, but you will need > to specify error values for one or both of them. I have done it before > with coordinates in the same cs. It should work for differing cs (I have > done this in different circumstances), but of course not for an arbitrary > coordinate system. There are some interesting hacks needed in some > circumstances, see > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.therion/2909/match=loop+fix**** > > Stacho indicated he would look at correcting some of the issues raised, > perhaps why the next update is taking so long J**** > > ** ** > > From the therion bookâ¦**** > > ** ** > > fix <station> [<x> <y> <z> [<std x> <std y> <std z>]] â fix station > coordinates (with specified errorsâonly the units transformation, not > calibration, is applied to them).**** > > ** ** > > And on transforming the plt coordinates, the calibrate option of the > import command on page 33 of The Therion Book seems to suggest a way > forward. I have never used âimportâ so cannot speak from experience.**** > > ** ** > > Bruce**** > > ** ** > ------------------------------ > > *From:* therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:therion-bounces at speleo.sk] *On > Behalf Of *Jonny Prouty > *Sent:* Saturday, 4 August 2012 6:21 a.m. > *To:* **List for Therion users** > *Subject:* [Therion] mixing local and global coordinate systems**** > > ** ** > > Hello all,**** > > ** ** > > I have a compass PLT file that I would like to import into an existing > therion project that I have. The therion project has numerous fixed > stations, all in the same UTM zone. Unfortunately, if I try to equate a > station in the PLT file with the equivalent station in my project, I can't > proceed as I can't mix local (in the PLT file) and global (in my project) > coordinate systems. If I comment out all of the "cs" commands in my therion > project as a test, I can't proceed because therion won't allow two fixed > stations to be equated with one another. Removing the "cs" commands isn't > really a viable option anyways since I need the stations to have real-world > coordinates so that I can load the maps into QGIS and GRASS.**** > > ** ** > > My question then is is it possible to override the coordinates of an > imported PLT file, transforming them into the coordinate system of my > project? Thanks very much in advance!**** > > ** ** > > Best regards,**** > > ** ** > > Jonny**** > > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion > > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20120803/d021d7db/attachment.html>
