Olly This is a very nice addition indeed. I tested it and it works with single level maps, but it doesn't seem to work with nested maps, or I missed something about the usage.
It works with several map definitions, not being merged in an overall map like: * map M1 -colour [60 70 80]* * endmap* * map M2 -colour [60 70 80]* * endmap ...* * export map ........ pdf* However when I group M1 and M2 in a larger map(without specifying a colour) it overrides the colours and they do not appear. * map MGlobal* * M1* * M2* * endmap* To me it seems better that the lower level map colors are kept, unless the global one explicitly specifies a colour. I guess the example above was done with several map defs without grouping them in a larger one. âAlso, when I have several map defs(without colours and without a global map) and specify "colour map-fg map"â the pieces get colored randomly. Maybe this is the expected behavior, but to me it sounds more logical to use the default map-fg colour until a map specifies one explicitly. The moment I set a global map (without colour) the default map-fg steps in. Am I asking too much :) Vladimir On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 5:37 AM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote: > On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 09:44:37AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote: > > On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 09:23:39PM +1300, Bruce wrote: > > > Colour by map works just fine, as does colour by scrap or altitude. > > > > > > In the context of your question I thought you were trying to SPECIFY > > > which colour a particular scrap (or map or altitude) would be > > > assigned. > > > > I was "commissioned" to implement the ability to specify the colour > > used for each map - patch attached. > > > > With this (surprisingly small) change you can specify the colour for > > each map, which then overrides the automatic choice when the layout > > specifies "colour map-fg [map]". Any maps without one get the same > > automatic colour they would before. > > > > Usage example: > > > > map 2012.map -projection plan > > colour [0 70 0] > > # etc > > endmap > > You can also specify the colour on the "map" line (which is probably > clearer): > > map 2012.map -projection plan -colour [0 70 0] > # etc > endmap > > Jenny Black produced an example showing what you can do with this patch: > > https://survex.com/~olly/107-plan-col-year.pdf > > Cheers, > Olly > _______________________________________________ > Therion mailing list > Therion at speleo.sk > http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion > -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20160404/e5d459f6/attachment.html>
