On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 09:23:39PM +1300, Bruce wrote:
> Colour by map works just fine, as does colour by scrap or altitude.
>
> In the context of your question I thought you were trying to SPECIFY
> which colour a particular scrap (or map or altitude) would be
> assigned.

I was "commissioned" to implement the ability to specify the colour
used for each map - patch attached.

With this (surprisingly small) change you can specify the colour for
each map, which then overrides the automatic choice when the layout
specifies "colour map-fg [map]".  Any maps without one get the same
automatic colour they would before.

Usage example:

map 2012.map -projection plan
  colour [0 70 0]
  # etc
endmap

You can say "color" instead, if you really must.

Cheers,
    Olly