Update: Thank you everyone for suggestions. I think I have conquered (more or less) this problem by using some invisible walls. Results at

https://campercaver.net/MiscFiles/StarkCavernsNoCenter-1.pdf

For comparison the old map is still there:

https://campercaver.net/MiscFiles/StarkCavernsNoCenter.pdf

There is some overlap which shows in the background coloring. The overlaps are a bit darker than the rest. I am not too concerned about that. It is not a rocket ship - Does not have to be perfect.

There are no new join statements. I just added invisible walls to the scraps

I did have scraps wider than deep, which several people pointed out is a problem. I checked all the wall orientations, as Bruce suggested. They were all correct. My habit is to draw walls counter-clockwise which should result in correct orientation.

As Tarquin pointed out - We should have surveyed the whole room before we surveyed the room. Hindsight is 20/20! Next time I know better. That does fly in the face of a common American caving practice which is to survey as you go. Scooping is frowned on. Sometimes, though, you really need to scoop the passage before taking survey shots.

Of course I found a new problem!  That will be another thread.

Bill Gee