On 15/08/2023 22:52, Bill Gee wrote:
> Looking at the .lox file for Stark Caverns, I see a spike that does not
> make any sense.  I suspect it might be a blunder in the LRUD data,
> perhaps a misplaced decimal point - but I have searched all over the
> data and cannot find anything that looks out of line.  Besides, the
> spike is not horizontal, which you would expect from an LRUD blunder. It
> goes up at about a 20 degree angle.
>
> Take a look at the file at
>
> https://campercaver.net/MiscFiles/StarkCaverns.lox

Possibly unrelated to the problem, but ...
Several legs are created with a splay, when it looks like they should
have been a leg or a duplicate.
BU1 to BU2 (where the problem is)
G13 to Z1
B1 to B1a
AB1 and AB2
A5 to R1
12 and 14
These can cause issues, because splays are legs are different things,
and you could confuse Therion when it tries to generate walls. It is
supposed to use actual splays for that, but not duplicates. Because you
are calling them splays, Therion tries to use them to work out where the
walls are, and generates a wall where the LRUD data conflicts with what
you have called a splay. So it tries to join the wall it drew at a
station, with the wall you told it is somewhere else in the LRUD data. I
can understand if it does so with a crazy spike, though it is usually
better at handling inconsistent data.

I would need to see the source data to debug further, since I cannot see
what any of the LRUD data looks like.

Cheers

Tarquin