> Has anyone in the group taken the point cloud from an Apple LIDAR scan and
> turned it into a Therion cave map?  If so, I am very interested in the
> details of the process.

As Tarquin said Jono Lester has been main UK pioneer on this. He may
send a response.  Julian Todd will say that you are asking the wrong
question, and the right thing to do with a point cloud is use it to
draw a 3D simplification rather than try to convert it to a
traditional 2D simplification. His tunnelVR software lets you do this.

Not everyone is convinced of this argument, but tunnelVR is well worth a look:
https://sidequestvr.com/app/1630/tunnelvr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOktKq0c7BY

Wookey
--