Hi Ben

This is a little odd - although I've heard of this happening intermittently (with no fix, beyond a rescue clause in your code catching the ResponseErrors).

Is this problem for you reproducable, even in certain situations? Or only happening occasionally?

Cheers

--
Pat

On 09/09/2010, at 5:28 AM, Ben <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

All of a sudden, I've been hitting a search problem.  It only happens
on our production server - never in development.  I can't track it
back to any code change I've made.

When I do something like: Resource.search("test"), I get a ton of
results, as I expect to.

When I do something like: ThinkingSphinx.search("test"), I get this:

ThinkingSphinx.search("test")
Riddle::ResponseError: No response from searchd (status: , version: )
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/riddle-1.1.0/
lib/riddle/client.rb:588:in `request'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/riddle-1.1.0/
lib/riddle/client.rb:209:in `run'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/riddle-1.1.0/
lib/riddle/client.rb:316:in `query'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/thinking-
sphinx-1.3.18/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb:268:in `block (2 levels)
in populate'
   from /usr/local/ruby-1.9.1-p378/lib/ruby/1.9.1/benchmark.rb:309:in
`realtime'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/thinking-
sphinx-1.3.18/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb:267:in `block in populate'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/thinking-
sphinx-1.3.18/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb:390:in `call'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/thinking-
sphinx-1.3.18/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb:390:in
`retry_on_stale_index'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/thinking-
sphinx-1.3.18/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb:264:in `populate'
   from /var/www/dgnetwork/shared/bundle/ruby/1.9.1/gems/thinking-
sphinx-1.3.18/lib/thinking_sphinx/search.rb:118:in `method_missing'
   from /usr/local/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'

Any ideas?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thinking Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] . For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en .


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thinking 
Sphinx" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/thinking-sphinx?hl=en.

Reply via email to