Followup on:  TiddlyWeb from an usb stick?
http://groups.google.com/group/TiddlyWiki/browse_thread/thread/7d884cd36a099c10/aa695675c1ea9958?lnk=gst&q=tiddlyweb+python+portable#aa695675c1ea9958

Just a question out of curiousity - I discovered web2py http://www.web2py.com/
which comes prepackaged for Mac and Windows, (use source code in
Linux) no need for installation and it can be run from an usb-stick.

I never managed to install tiddlyWeb with portable python - and now my
harddisk is broken - so I still search for some (simple) way to use/
try TiddlyWeb as a portable - preferably prepackaged installation.
I've never went as far as to learn to use ruby on rails or python. And
I wonder if I have to know a lot about these things to be able to use
TiddlyWeb? - Anyway, I've read that the Jquery library is a part of
web2py, and that you can setup your own applications and databases -
and serve html-pages from it - so I ask:  Has anyone tried to setup
TiddlyWeb as an application with Web2Py?
I didn't find any documentation on if Web2Py is an OpenSource project
- but it looks pretty open though - Heres a link to a description of
it's API: http://mdp.cti.depaul.edu/examples/default/api

YS Måns Mårtensson