Hi Mark,

What vintage is your phone?

It's a fairly recent midrange Motorola.

What version of TW are you using? There are size/speed improvements in
> 5.1.20.

I'm using the latest stable TW version (5.1.21).

I tried your test on the full downloaded TiddlyWiki.com page on my 2012 era
> samsung phone. The speed of course was slow, but it was the same for the
> edit box as for editing the tiddler itself.

Thanks for having a go with the test on mobile. Have you modified the
TypingTimeout value before testing? I'm having a "native" (no lag) typing
experience when editing a tiddler after setting the value in
$:/config/Drafts/TypingTimeout to 60000. By default, this value is around
400 (ms), which results in a noticeable lag in my case, so just wondering.

You probably know this already, but be sure to not have your "recent"
> tiddler opened in the sidebar.

Yes, I do :). I have it disabled across the whole wiki.