On Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 2:23:27 AM UTC+1, TonyM wrote:

The key value of the use of a .tw file is simply to differentiate it from
> other html files, which will only ever open in the default browser unless
> you use open with which is a clumsy requirements. Tiddlywiki could open in
> a default browser without the saver available and work be done before it is
> discovered it will not save.

TiddlyWiki will save! ... There will always be the "default saver".

The only disadvantage is: *inconvenience*. Browsers add "(1), (2) .. (x)"
postfixes to the file names. BUT TW will save as a .html file.

It should be possible to let the default saver open an info tiddler, that
explains, what's going on and present a "Save As" button, instead of the OS
specific default "Save File" or "Open With" dialogue.

So may be we can make the default saver workflow "more convenient". So the
newbee user can understand what's going on.

-mario