Jed,

Thanks for clarifying this for all.

My Suggestion on a PWA is only because my own reading and someone else's
post have talked about getting *reliable local storage* (if not still
within the browser) for PWA's.

The need for this continues to be something a lot of designers and
developers want and there are suggestions that such reliable storage
mechanisms may be made available soon (see below).

As you say if reliable browser local storage becomes available across
browsers we may be able to use this directly from Tiddlywiki, however it
may only become available to PWA's or versions there of which include a
config file containing resource needs. Other community members have
suggested other limitations to Tiddlywiki's mechanisms that would prevent
it from becoming a PWA itself. Thus the speculative idea of having an
independant PWA saver, if reliable local storage becomes available, and
only if reliable local storage becomes available.

For example at this link we can see Safari and Edge do not have a cache
eviction process thus browser local storage may be more reliable
BrowserEviction Policy
Chrome LRU once Chrome runs out of space
Firefox LRU if the whole disk gets full
Safari No eviction
Edge No eviction

The above was found here
https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/instant-and-offline/web-storage/offline-for-pwa
and includes a section;
*Current and future offline storage work* *If offline storage interests
you, the efforts below are worth keeping an eye on*

Of course a PWA could be storing the data on a cloud service as well.

I expect there may be limitations to one tab communicating with
another tabs PWA's.

Regards
tony