Hi Victor,
Yes, with some prep work and a few caveats: 1) the "title" column cannot be
edited. A row cannot exist with a blank title because a tiddler cannot have
a blank title. Remember a row is a tiddler and a column is a field. So
adding rows requires editing "tbl-add-records" or using the method shown in
example #3 at http://tiddlytables.tiddlyspot.com/. 2) Columns are fields so
the title of the column cannot contain spaces. adding a column title with a
space requires a unique header template for that field. I will not cover
that here. 3) Column templates are global. For example, making the tags
column editable in one table makes it editable in all tables.

Lets say you want a table with the following columns: title, caption, tags,
list, type and new-field. all of which editable except title.

   1. Create the table. Add these columns and modify the filter or add
   manual records.
   2. Add the tags: "caption" "tags" "list" "type" and "new-field" to
   $:/plugins/aaldrich/tables/template/body/edit

<http://tiddlytables.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Faaldrich%2Ftables%2Ftemplate%2Fbody%2Fedit>
   .
   3. Remove the tag "tags" from
   $:/plugins/aaldrich/tables/template/body/tags

<http://tiddlytables.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Faaldrich%2Ftables%2Ftemplate%2Fbody%2Ftags>.

   This is required because a column must be assigned to one template only.
   title, tags, created and modified are the only standard fields tagged to
   special templates.
   4. (Optional) Create a button that adds/removes these tags automatically
   so you can easily toggle between read/edit mode.

For your second question, you can create a new custom column templates for
tags by first removing the tag "tags" from
$:/plugins/aaldrich/tables/template/body/tags
<http://tiddlytables.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Faaldrich%2Ftables%2Ftemplate%2Fbody%2Ftags>
 as
we did above and tagging a new tiddler with "tags" and
"$:/tags/table/BodyTemplate". There are actually three types of column
templates: header, body and footer. I have documented this a bit more under
the "More Columns" option in the edit menu. Also see "Advanced Features" in
the edit menu for some useful parameters when making a custom template.

I hope this helps,
Alan