I made Bob because I can't spell, can't remember command line arguments and
can never remember where I put my wikis.

And I kept opening wikis in different tabs and forgetting about it so I
would overwrite things I had saved, so it fixes that problem.

So I set up Bob so you can click on the executable and it starts, it
doesn't require any configuration and you have access to almost all of its
features, the features that do require configuration are more advanced and
I am slowly making them work out of the box as well.

I have been working to make it use as little memory as I can, so it has a
single tiddlywiki process and only loads tiddlers from each wiki instead of
creating a new $tw object or making a new process for it.
I have my home server running on a raspberry pi along with gitea and some
file servers and before I had a script to start up a new node process for
each wiki which was making the pi run out of ram pretty quickly, now I have
around 70 wikis and it has no trouble.

I have also tried to be very conscious of security problems because it is
meant to be very simple to use, so people using it may not have the
background to know what to look for when it comes to security.
I try to have notes anywhere there is a setting that could cause a security
problem and explain some of the trade-offs between security and
convenience, this is for things like having the wikis available on the
local network and enabling the file server.

After that I have just been putting things into it when I think of them and
need a break from other projects.

You can do all of this from inside the wiki with a UI, it can use lot of
work but it is easier for me than having to editing json files and remember
how everything goes together.

After that it just got away from me and I keep adding things to it.

- Create wikis
  - From editions
  - From duplicating other wikis
  - From single file wikis
  - From a filtered list of tiddlers from one or more other wikis
- Delete wikis
- Move/Rename wikis
- Export single file wikis with all of the server components removed
   - You can optionally give a filter to limit what tiddlers are included
in the exported html file
- You can set up Bob as a plugin server
- You can change the plugins that a wiki uses with a checklist inside the
wiki itself, this updates the tiddlywiki.info file as well
  - you can do the same with themes
- It has an experimental feature that fetches plugins directly from GitHub
or gitlab and saves them so they can be included in any of your wikis
- messages from the server appear in the wiki as tiddlywikis alerts
   - This is configurable
- The file server component can serve from multiple locations
   - For security only files is the listed locations are available, and you
can't use something like '../../../../.ssh/rsa_id'
- When importing media files Bob can save media files in a files folder and
create _canonical_uri tiddlers instead of importing the media directly into
a wiki
   - I have a wiki that has thousands of pictures of the construction on my
house in it and there isn't any trouble
   - You can scan folders for media and Bob will automatically create the
_canonical_uri tiddlers for you, and add the folder to the list of places
the file server can reach, so I didn't have to manually make one tiddler
for each image
- You can shutdown the wiki server from inside a wiki
- It also includes a saver server that, along with the BobSaver plugin,
lets you just open a tiddlywiki file and save it like you could before we
had the problems with browser restrictions.
- There is a local chat that lets people using the same Bob server to have
a real-time chat setup inside the wiki. I am not sure how useful this is,
but it is there.

There is also some federation stuff, like syncing wikis between different
Bob servers, but that is in the early stages and I doubt anyone but me
would use it in its current state.