Birthe

I have had many encounters with Insurance companies throughout my life;
none of them pleasant or profitable.

The most irritating was being declined because I took a test that proved I
did not have a "prior" condition.  Turned out that taking the test was
deemed to an "abnormal" act.  As a result I was declined.  The decline was
noted in a database that is shared by all Insurance companies.  Being
declined by one meant declined by all.

At this time, my only use of Insurance is for Business Succession planning
which the Insurance monopoly lobby offers as an alternative that reduces
taxation by government at time of death.

Fortunately, I am now in a position to be "self-insuring" for the majority
of health needs.