Birthe

Thank you for the kind words, it's obvious I'm not taking my
disability/retirement well...

but as someone more eloquent said it better than i could

Because it gives some sense of power and passion
  In helpless innocence to try to fashion
    Our woe in living words howe'er uncouth.

Thompson, City of Dreadful Night

You are right about the younger ones. A lot of them need intensive care to
survive.
Everywhere some people are living in denial, but really we are able to find
estimates for each country. (Not testing enough, most will be based on
"guesstimates".)

I believe people are thinking medicine/healthcare system will "fix" them if
they get it-- I may be wrong but all they can do for you is supportive
care-- there's no "fix" for Covid19 yet?