Flibbles,

It really depends on what features and functions you want to achieve with
XML. The closest comprehensive solution
is https://joshuafontany.github.io/TW5-JsonMangler/ but this is for JSON.

   - There has also being work on pulling tags and tag values from html
   which would be very similar to some XML cases.
   - I think there may even have being an XML editor written but I cant
   find it.
   - There is also a level of support already through html tag mechanisms.
   - We would benefit from some widgets and filter operators to interrogate
   and write XML but this would be good if it were more general allowing us to
   manipulate any htm/xml in tiddlers.

Regards
tony