the [[*]] is wikitext syntax so it should not work in markdown.. because it
is not markdown.

The autosuggestion in tiddlyblink come from the edit-comptext plugin. you
can use it in any tw edition

I also started out using markdown, I switched to wikitext because I found
it superior in many ways.

the way I linked in markdown to other tiddlers was like
[link](#TITTLER-TITLE) the # do the trick. I also made a snippet for this
and other markdown stuff, will attach it.

But I will also suggest using wikitext instead because:

   - you can use the edit-comptext plugin. and most plugin are made for
   wikitext
   - with wikitext links, you can use backlinks, count etc.(note that
   backlinks in MD will not work)
   - fast to type
   - you can use transclusions
   - you can use macros
   - you can use excise (this is very useful to not break writing flow)
   - there are some good wikitext plugins e.g.
      - convert email to wikitext
      - covert html to wiktext
      - convert excel to wikitext table

how do I link my tiddlers? for categories and topics I use tags (with
autocomplete regardless of tiddler type) for direct and ad-hoc links I use
tiddler links. If I cant remember the title I do a search and drag, n drop
the title to the tiddler, and it will drop as a link (I also turn on titles
as link, for this reason)

But I Would love to use markdown. In my perfect world, a wikitext with
markdown substituting all standard typography and wikitext for the rest
(transclusions, macro etc) would be perfect.

there is also the markdown like plugin by JB