Update on this Paragraph formatting issue;

*I think I have found some easy to use methods to resolve this!*

This solution also allows wikitext markup to be applied to pasted text,
allowing subsequent markup.

If you wrap a block of text in a section or other html blocks and use a
style to use the same white spacing as pre you will get text that behaves
like was intended in the source text.
Using a blank line after the first html tag ensures any wikitext markup is
honored.

<section  style="white-space: pre;">
blank line here
!Marked

Your pasted text Wikitext markup if desired
</section>

Of course you can create a css class eg "retain" and apply it like this as
well (define in a tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet

@@.retain
;No Blank line needed for wiki text
Some text

some more text
@@
You can leave off the closing "@@" with no apparent ill effect

The above is honored whe transcluding this tidder

There may be better ways but if on a given tiddler you wish to have a class
applied to the whole content create a class field and give it the value of
the class in the following format.

class @@.retain and the whole tiddler content will have "style="white-space:
 pre;" applied.

Regards