Hi Mark S.
thanks for your quick reply and examples, I'll give them a try.
Scot
FYI
Just after I posted my question, I realised that it was added to TW Scripts.
The script had been modified slightly to read from a path and directory but
saved the images silently.
See
https://kookma.github.io/TW-Scripts/#Create%20External%20Images%20from%20A%20Directory