I'd like to see the default "download saver" included in this list.

I'd also strongly suggest rewriting it to remove the negative judgemental
description, which currently starts with:

"This method of saving changes is clunky ..."

While many people find it less than satisfying, it is, after all, the
default method of saving if no other method is chosen.

... and, I use it ALL THE TIME with great effectiveness.

The only thing I do to configure it is to set my browser to "Always ask for
location" when downloading.  This bypasses
the default "save to Download folder" behavior so I can easily select where
I want the saved file to go.  There's no
extra plugins, scripts, or applications to install, and it works on
practically all systems and browsers.

The first time I save a TW document, I get the system-based "select a
file/folder" dialog and I just choose the current folder
where the document already lives on my system.  That setting is then use
for all subsequent saves, and persists even
between browser sessions, so I almost never need to change it.

Furthermore, when saving, the system dialog automatically defaults to
adding an "(n)" number suffix, which makes it easy to
save "checkpoints" as I work, without overwriting the original file, so if
I break something, I can quickly compare files to figure
out what I've done wrong or just revert to a previous saved version and
start again.  Then, once I am satisfied that everything
is working as I want, I can easily click on the original filename to
overwrite it and then clear out all the "checkpoint" files that
I no longer need to keep around.

Furthermore, if I do some experimenting starting from
http://tiddlywiki.com/empty.html, I can try stuff online first, and if I
want
to save the experiment to my local system, the "download save" does the job
without any fuss.  I just pick a destination folder
and I'm done.  I can then continue the experiment from my local system.

This also works well if I am working from an existing TW I've uploaded to
TiddlySpot.  I can make changes online,
and save locally just by clearing the TiddlySpot "wiki name" in the
TiddlySpot Saver settings.

I get that some people don't like a lot of interaction during the saving
process, but I find it a comfort because
the download saver triggers the system-based "select a file/folder" dialog,
which offers me a moment think,
"am I sure about this?" before saving, and by default avoids accidentally
overwriting an existing file
(because of the automatic "(n)" handling).

-e