Thanks for the response!

Yes the [*] indicates an internal link, [external] is an external link, and
[missing] is a missing link. The reason all links have at least [*] is
because if there are several in a row it's easier to separate them at a
glance, without hovering over them all, though I admit this is
unconventional. I think of it like numerical reference similar to
Wikipedia, except no need for numbers. I have removed them for now.

I can certainly increase the contrast. Would you want more with respect to
the text, or borders, or both? I tweaked both, tell me what you think

I have limited the width. I find it improves readability, shorter lines
means finding the start of the next is easier. I'm not sure what you mean
by "re-frame". You can still zoom in and out with the browser if that's
what you mean?

Regards,

Ash