In an attempt to show all descendants of a person instead of just the
children, I've written a macro to do the recursive listing. It works great
except for one thing; on the very first pass or top level, the spouses
aren't listed (the code is below the examples). It lists the descendants of
the top level, but the part that says "with" doesn't happen. When I pick a
level higher, then it does show. Here's a screenshot of one top level with
no spouses:

Now here's the next level up:

As you can see, only the top level is missing the "with" and the spouse.
I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's so close.

\define each-other-level()
  <ol>
    <$list filter=
"[title<currentTiddler>kin:tags:to:1[]sortan[birth]!title<currentTiddler>]">
        <li>
          <$link><$view field='caption'><$view field='title'/></$view></
$link> -> born: <$macrocall $name="date-str" date={{!!birth}}/>
          <ol>
            <$list filter=
"[title<currentTiddler>tagging[]sortan[birth]tags[]!title<currentTiddler>]">
              <li>
                with: <$link><$view field='caption'><$view field='title'/></
$view></$link>
                <$list filter=
"[title<currentTiddler>tagging[]limit[1]has[parents-marriage]]">
                  -> married: <$macrocall $name="date-str" date={{!!parents-
marriage}}/>
                </$list>
                <<each-other-level>>
              </li>