Saq,
yes somewhat, just for now without the ability to set where it saves. I
drew the comparsion to set since what it is at the end of the day is the
set widget just with a change to where it saves the value.

The thing is I at first wanted a user defined save location, but through
tests I learned that the function I use to write the indexes to the tiddler
needs the tiddler it writes to to actually to exist. So I decided to finish
a first working proof of concept and expand this type of functionality in
later revisions since I have to implement a fall back that creates a
tiddler if it isn't there or at least gives the user a clear message that
the set failed, because of the tiddler not existing.

As for the the prefixed tiddlers you are right this was more a result from
me wanting everything in one place during development.
Although I would wish there was $:/data as this is neither necessarily
temporary - I do wish to keep a saved beyond closing the wiki possibility
should someone find a way to find it useful - or a state in the way it is
apparently normally used within tiddlywiki, but from the next iteration
onwards I will move it to $:/state.

Thanks for looking over it and giving feedback.

Kind Regards,
Felicia