Felicia et all.

I am only now getting to see how to make use of this, it is constructed
differently to how I imagined it, so it requires a learning curve.

would this be possible?

A test case would be if I had 2 list widgets
set
<$list filter="[range[1, 5]]">
inc
</$list>

<$list filter="[range[11, 15]]">
inc
</$list>

total

An a global; variable could be set to zero before these list widgets, then
for each iteration in both lists increment that variable so at the end the
global value would be in this case 10

Try this in a single tiddler

<$setglobal name="inc" value={{{ [[inc]getglobal[]add[1]] }}}  />

{{{ [[inc]getglobal[]add[1]limit[1]] }}}

{{{ [[inc]getglobal[]] }}}

Tones