G'day Felicia,

Happy Monday !  (May seem like an oxymoron, but who knows?  Could be the
best Monday ever ...)

I have a whole whack of metrics involved in my approach-taking decisions,
usually a snap choice to avoid getting stuck in the mud and overthinking
(me shoving sticks in my own wheels), and tweak as I go along when I reach
some pain-in-the-caboose tipping point (or have some bright or plain old
goofy idea I want to try).

More often than not, I tend to get very irritated with "bloat" and
duplication/redundancy, and I find myself doing whatever to shave away even
just a few characters .

A bit of a "take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of
themselves" ?

Then again, if "the fun in it" way surpasses any kind of irritation, then I
stick with the fun until no longer fun.  Well, the fun quickly takes a
nose-dive whenever I see an approach that is going to create an ugly mess
down the road.

Being a software developer and always considering the design of everything,
I'm always thinking:  make everything easy/quick to adapt / evolve / change
(as per any new discovery or as per any mood strikes me).  That's the
beauty of any wiki product: when things are done a certain way: a wiki
makes it really easy to completely reshuffle everything.

Good luck me explaining "a certain way".  Insta-thoughts:

   - Every tiddler is a first-class citizen
   - No tiddler exists in (or is bound to, or dependent on) any
   hierarchical (or other kind of) structure; any tiddler can, though,
   participate in an infinite number of relationships, and each relationship
   provides informative structure for some contextual meaning
   - Avoid, almost dogmatically, writing a "thing" more than once (write
   once, transclude everywhere else)

All of that only half-way into my first morning cup of coffee.  No matter
time of day or levels of caffeine, always wordy ...