I have some external source-code files that I would like to add to my wiki
as plain text so that I can make notes on them.

Rather than making another copy of the text, I thought I would be able to
embed the file as I would a PDF or HTML file.

I set _canonical_uri to ./folder/code.py and changed the type to text/plain.
This didn't work.

I noticed that if I change the type to text/html, the text does get
embedded as though it were an html file.

Is there any way to embed text and have it appear as regular plain text?