The "order" bit is a flex-box style that only works since the parent div
has a flex-box style applied.

For the borders, you need to change the border colors so that the left
border is either not displayed, or matches the background-color. In the
style sheet, try this:

*.tc-vertical .tc-tab-buttons button.tc-tab-selected {*
*   border-left-color:rgb(255, 255, 255)*

*   border-right-color: rgb(204, 204, 204)*
*}*

It should make the left border white and right border grey, matching the
background color.

Another option is the adjust the border widths, and use position:relative
and left:-1px to nudge the tab over, or any a few other options, but the
above should work out OK for the stock TW color scheme.