Hi Maki

iSH is a bit of a hack: it essentially uses an x86 emulator to run Linux as a
way to get around the app store rules, and so performance and compatibility are
both poor.

Both Play.js and JSBox support Node.js apps, but the difference is that JSBox
also offers a rich API for creating native iOS user interfaces and accessing
native platform features. In contrast, Play.js apps are pretty much restricted
to running a web server or processing files, without deep  integration with the
underlying platform. So, I'd generally recommend starting with Play.js unless
you plan to explore some exotic platform integration.

I will try to write proper instructions for installing TW5 on Play.js, but the
rough outline is:

1. Create a new project in Play.js, with the type set to "Node.js"
2. Play.js will open a file called "index.js" in the root. Paste the following
content:

var path = require("path");

var $tw = require("./node_modules/tiddlywiki/boot/boot.js").TiddlyWiki();

bootTW();

function bootTW() {

// Pass the command line arguments to the boot kernel
$tw.boot.argv = Array.prototype.slice.call(process.argv,2);

$tw.boot.argv = [path.resolve(process.cwd(),"./wiki"),"--listen"];

// Boot the TW5 app
$tw.boot.boot(function() {
//  console.log($tw.boot)
});

}

3. Click the "files" button at the top of the sidebar on the left. Choose the
file called "package.json" and add a reference to TiddlyWiki:

{
  "name": "My Wiki",
  "version": "1.0.0",
  "dependencies": {
    "tiddlywiki": "^5.1.22"
  }
}

4. Create a file in the root called "index.js" containing:
5. Click the "scripts" button at the bottom left that reads "$ default: node
index.js"
6. Tap "Install" in the "Scripts" dialogue that appears
7. Tap the "Resolve modules" button on the "Dependencies" dialogue that appears
8. Tap "Resolve" on the "Resolve modules" dialogue that appears
9. A bunch of text should appear, wait until you see "found 0 vulnerabilities",
then you can click "back" and then "X" to back out of the dialogues
10. Create a folder called "wiki" in the root
11. Within that folder, create a file called "tiddlywiki.info" containing:

{
        "description": "My great wiki",
        "plugins": [
            "tiddlywiki/filesystem",
            "tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb"
        ],
        "themes": [
                "tiddlywiki/vanilla",
                "tiddlywiki/snowwhite"
        ]
}

12. Click the "scripts" button again, but this time choose "Default"
13. Click the "play" button at the bottom left
14. Click the globe button to open the web browser
15. Change the URL to http://localhost:8080/ and reload

You should now have a functioning wiki. When you're done, close the browser and
click the "stop" button.

Good luck, let us know how you get on,

Best wishes

Jeremy