For clarity,

Mark, I am Australian , lived in Papua new Guinea and New Zealand as a
Child, tiddler always implied small and diminutive, but the children's game
TiddlyWinks is a dominant thought. The idea of a tiddler as a fish to throw
back if caught may have proceeded my discovery of tiddler in tiddlywiki.
>From memory now clouded by what I know now, was a Tiddle or Twiddle was
used for a pee.

Not withstanding these similar sounding words, uniqueness is of great
value, and we learn to assign meaning. It is only in the outreach to new
users where somewhat arbitrary names do not carry information and this can
be addressed by surrounding the use of the word with information and
explanation.

Look at a google search of tiddler, first page I see the following that
money could not buy;
[image: Snag_19d10b0a.png]

*Meme*
There is a thing called an *internet meme*,  but if you are interested
please research the original meaning. It is a cultural / intellectual
corollary of the Gene coined I thing by Richard Dawkins. The thing is memes
can survive and propagate in in minds and culture. To degrade the meaning
of meme to popular cats is degrading our language and the word. But it can
also get people to look that may otherwise not.

Traditionally a tiddler would also be considered a *record*, with its
unique key, this has a specific technical meaning but also to some degree a
common English meaning. I wonder if this is the case in other languages?

*Record*
As I have voiced at length in the past, tiddlywiki places the "record" at
eye level and treats it as an every day object the tiddler, this is perhaps
one of tiddlywiki's key features, in other cases records are hidden, or
there contents in attachment's. Tiddlywiki then provides the tools to list
and tabulate records, including those that describe the UI and add
functionality.

The synonyms of "record" list many of the things someone may use tiddlywiki
for. see here https://www.lexico.com/synonyms/record

And I notice tiddlywiki is also "record breaking";
*record-breaking*, best ever, its best, one's best, optimum, unbeaten,
unsurpassed, unparalleled, unequalled, superlative, second to none, never
previously achieved

Tones