To add to Marks Suggestion, you can remove the  tag  $:/tags/PageControl
from $:/core/ui/Buttons/advanced-search  to remove it from the PageControls
Menu
and edit  $:/core/ui/SideBarSegments/search and remove the following to
remove it from the sidebar

<$button to="$:/AdvancedSearch"
tooltip={{$:/language/Buttons/AdvancedSearch/Hint}}
aria-label={{$:/language/Buttons/AdvancedSearch/Caption}}
class="tc-btn-invisible">
{{$:/core/images/advanced-search-button}}
</$button>

Someone in the know may be able to find $:/AdvancedSearch but it would
defeat many attempts, at least casual attempts.

Regards
Tones