hi diego, re: the posts thing, for me part of it is i am mostly on mobile,
and it is relatively painful (probably just haven't figured out a good way)
to reply to messages on google groups, without using a text editor and
copying the text back in to a message to post. maybe there is a guide
somewhere for gg newbies but this page suggests it's intended behaviour
https://gatlabs.com/blogpost/improved-mobile-interface-for-google-groups/

it makes it hard to continue to reply in a conversation as there is a lot
of friction for a mobile user, so the bar for replying is raised somewhat
from where it could be.

in agreement with david, posting time is probably relevant, in this case i
can reply only because pretty much my only free time during the week is
right now and i can switch to an ipad to do it!

regarding your original linking topic, i might be speaking for a lot of
newbies who have never heard of unilink until now, and like me are still
getting our heads around the "extended external link"! but reading your
post and everyone's replies lets that knowledge percolate in (i hope) and
kickstarts my own thinking about "issues of concern", which is super
helpful, so thank you for posting, though i wouldn't normally reply as i
currently don't know enough of the background to this to contribute
something directly useful.

so it got me thinking about things like discovering anwiki exists; for new
users we are heavily dependent on search as we don't know enough yet to see
why example wikis might be relevant to our particular situation (david's
list)

but this also makes the window for contributing to gg posts very narrow,
unless you are already at the matching level of knowledge, AND watching the
group/able to find the post, AND have means to reply, AND have something
ready to contribute

so for example here a tw newbie might not understand yet how super
interesting your topic is, because it is so "meta", i.e.
thinking-about-thinking; or another example peter's firebase backend on the
tw dev gg/tw github discussion which is also super cool and useful, or,
well, pretty much everyone's contribution on this group once we get our
heads around how useful it is!

whereas a gg newbie like me has trouble just replying in the first place, i
mean, i have to stop now because i had to spend a while figuring out touch
focus required to scroll this reply and the post on safari desktop mode on
the ipad :)

some things will semi-randomly catch fire and become popular, keep up the
great work everyone!

until next time xx