I've been working on a personal content management system, which I've
written up here:

http://marksbasement.tiddlyspot.com/index.html#[[Overview%20Of%20Document%20Management%20System]]

Basically what I do, is create my own bookmarks when files are dragged/
dropped. There is a set of options that can be set to match pathways
on the current machine. When the bookmarks are created, they use
virtual drive/paths like:

  Thumb://CDS/20061204/fh000004.jpg

The applications that view these bookmarks then change the virtual
path (//CDS in this case) into whatever drive is applicable per the
configuration. This means that I can even view the same files on a
linux system which uses very different pathing than does Windows.

Since you already have 250 paths set up, you might want something
quick to set up now, and pound out the convenience factors later.
Using some judicious regex style replacements in your favorite
advanced editor, you could edit the source of your TW document and
change your pathways to something like:

  <<tiddler "drivepath::dp" with: "/20061204/fh000004.jpg">>

where tiddler drivepath is something like:

  dp:[img[file:///d:/data/cds$1]]

(sorry, I'm using examples from my own code so I can verify they work
as I write.) Then just by changing tiddler drivepath, you can change
all the pathways instantaneously.

Mark