Hi Andy

Did you change the tiddlers, that where generated by FileDropPlugin,
by hand? If yes, my sugestion creates a lot of work and you should use
an other one.

If no, go on reading.

I think you used the default template:
/%
!link
[[%0|%1]]
!end
%/
which generates a link like you described.

if you use the following it should create a relative link to the pdf
files.
/%
!link
[[%0|%3]]
!end
%/

eg:
TiddlyWiki is on the stick (F:)
the pdfs are in a subdirectory eg: F:/doc

It should produce something like:
[[DataFile 002 - General Note.pdf|./doc/DataFile 002 - General
Note.pdf]]

regards mario