is it possible to trigger , start or stop a timer automatically if a
certain criteria is met?  so similar to a CRM ticketing tool, creating and
saving a new tidler would automatically start a timer , or maybe creating a
new tidler with a specific Tag would trigger a predefined duration ?
On Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 5:03:35 PM UTC+2 Jon wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Whilst I can enter an alarm that repeats every day at
> http://tiddlytools.com/timer.html, it doesn't work in my wiki - I can set
> alarms once but the daily alarm doesn't retain the time for some reason.
> Any ideas?
>
> Also, are alarms which have expired whilst the computer has been turned
> off supposed to trigger when switched back on as I can't reproduce that?
>
> Regards
> Jon
>
> On Tuesday, 18 August 2020 at 08:15:15 UTC+1 TW Tones wrote:
>
>> Eric,
>>
>> Thanks for doing that test. I will abandon the hta for this timer need.
>> It was going to be my main implementation because it opens on boot of my
>> computer. But the HTA depends on the IE hta component which I believe is
>> deprecated.
>>
>> Although if this is the only but it can do more,
>>
>> Regards
>> Tony

>>> 1) Open timer.html in my usual browser, Chrome
>>> 2) Open empty.html from TiddlyWiki.com in a separate Chrome tab
>>> 3) Use drag-and-drop to import the following tiddlers into empty.html
>>> from timer.html
>>> TiddlyTools/Timer/Ticker
>>> TiddlyTools/Timer/action-timeout.js
>>> TiddlyTools/Timer/Clocks
>>> TiddlyTools/Timer/SidebarClocks
>>> 4) Save empty.html to a local file (default download saver)
>>> 5) From local filesystem, rename empty.html to empty.hta