On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 9:53:23 AM UTC-7 mohamed...@hotmail.com wrote:

> one more question , if i may, how would this work in a list situation , so
> if i am listing a group of tiddlers , i can assign different alarms to
> them, but when the action triggers for one alarm it affects all tiddlers ,
> is this because how it is intended to be used , or am i using the code wrong

If I understand your PNG code snapshot, it appears that you want a
triggered alarm to set the "status2" field to "boom" in each tiddler that
has a status="In House".

* For this to happen, you first need to put the desired <$action-setfield
status2="boom"/> widget *into a separate tiddler* (e.g., "AlarmActions").
* Next, in your $list that shows tiddlers with a "status" field containing
"In House", transclude {{||TiddlyTools/Time/Alarms}} (as you have already
done).  This will display a separate Alarm input form for each matching
tiddler.
* Then, for each status tiddler, use the associated Alarm input form to
specify a time/date and *enter the title of the alarm action tiddler as the
message text*.
* Be sure to press the [+] button to use your inputs to actually add the
alarm definition to the corresponding status tiddler.  The defined alarm
will be shown below the input form.
* When an alarm is triggered, the AlarmActions tiddler will be invoked,
performing the <$action-setfield> widget(s) that you specified.  Note that
the <<currentTiddler>> will be set to the tiddler in which the alarm is
defined (i.e., the corresponding "In House" tiddler), so the "status2"
field containing "boom" will be added to *that* "In House" tiddler.

IMPORTANT: I've just updated the TiddlyTools/Time/Alarms code so that the
<<currentTiddler>> value is correctly set for each tiddler containing alarm
definitions.  Previously, $action widgets invoked using the default tiddler
(i.e., the currentTiddler) would be applied directly in the AlarmActions
tiddler, rather than the tiddler containing the alarm definition.

Be sure to get the latest update here: http://tiddlytools.com/timer.html

Let me now how it goes...

enjoy,
-e