My particular use case is actually:

- I have already populated the wiki with tiddlers for various keywords
(definitions, "nodes" of likely connection among related items, etc.)
- Seminar students paste in their reflective writing each week
- I also paste in excerpts from other authors (philosophical source texts)

With freelinks (set to look only for title-strings of tiddlers tagged
"keyword"), all this pasted-in tiddler content renders "lit up" with links,
even though there's no markup. But it annoyingly won't pull "ethical" to
"ethics" etc.

The "magnetic" tiddlers (the ones to which I want links to pop up
automatically) always have short names (usually one or two words); the
variant names are also short.

-Springer