An icon for freelinks might be easier if we could leverage a suggestive
metaphor. So far, I have been weighing:

* magnetize (tiddlers "want" to connect with each other)
* X-ray (viewing mode that sees "under the surface")
* turbo (add support for max efficiency, at cost of some extra "heat")
* beacon (some tiddlers send out little beacons so we see them from further
away)

There's also an icon for the "all-seeing eye" which would seem
apt:
https://morosanuae.github.io/tw-icons/#%24%3A%2Fimages%2Fsvg-icon%2Foriginals-all-seeing-eye

-Springer