So it's mostly about renaming things? That's an interesting use case. I
guess I have never had the need to do that on a large scale. I wouldn't
have expected inheritance to be capable of renaming a field like that,
either.

I haven't used Tiddler Commander, but renaming a field doesn't really seem
like it should be difficult, so perhaps something there could be improved
or a new tool could be created.