On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 1:24:11 AM UTC-7 Mohammad wrote:

> Can Tiddlywiki be used for *How to Find a Meeting Time That Works for
> Everyone*?
> If you have developed such a tool in Tiddlywiki or have heard about it
> please let me know.

Fundamentally, this is a problem of finding the intersection of multiple
sets.

For a small enough set of people (say 5 or less), it is relatively easy to
figure out which days and times are "open" for everyone. However, let's
assume the problem is more complex, so that it isn't *obvious* on the face
of things as to which days are available for *everyone*.  For instance,
suppose there are 15 or 20 very busy people, each of whom have only a few
open timeslots in any given month.  This is when a computed algorithm for
finding the subset of open timeslots starts to really make more sense than
just using the "fuzzy" pattern recognition skills of a human brain to find
those open timeslots.

Although I don't have a direct, immediate, and general-purpose solution in
hand, let's start by simplifying the problem to finding open *days* rather
than timeslots within a day.  For this use-case, my Calendar and Events
plugins might be helpful (see http://tiddlytools.com/timer.html).

We could start by using the "EventList" feature
(http://tiddlytools.com/timer.html#TiddlyTools%2FTime%2FEvents)
functionality, in which each would create and submit single a tiddler,
tagged with "events", containing the dates for which they already have
events scheduled.  Each tiddler is composed of multiple lines of text using
the format "YYYYMMDD;Description text" (where the MM and DD date values are
zero-padded as needed).

When all these tiddlers are then combined into a single TiddlyWiki, you
would just display a monthly or yearly TiddlyTools Calendar.  All dates
that are *not* available will appear filled with a color (default is
LightGreen for Events).  You can then visually spot the days that lack any
color (defaulting to White), and create a new EventList tiddler listing
only those days, using a non-default event color (e.g., red) to mark those
*available*).

Next, send that EventList tiddler back to each of the intended meeting
participants, who would visualize this list by adding it to their own
TiddlyWiki, using a TiddlyTools Calendar to view it.  They could then
select *any* red dates they like, with the confidence that *all* the
intended participants are available on that date.  All that remains is for
them to send those selected dates back to you, where you could tally up
which dates have the most "votes", and then announce that date for them to
add to their existing EventList schedule.  Q.E.D

-e