Hi.

I have been following the TW project for years and I am still very
surprised that the community continues to actively support super strange,
inconvenient and limited ways of saving and synchronizing – but at the same
time all developments using normal technologies on which synchronization
could be easy, seamless and safe, such as CouchDB, are not supported in
official release and abandoned by community.

Especially considering the new data storage format in JSON, with which
synchronization with object databases has never been easier. It's even
easier than maintaining the current server solution on files, which in
principle cannot work offline, unlike a solution based on
IndexedDB+PouchDB→CouchDB or IndexedDB→Mongo/Posrgres.

I have used PouchDB adapter from NoteSelf, but it's outdated and contains a
lot of bugs. Other solutions were outdated even earlier.

If IndexedDB/CouchDB solution were supported out of the box, there would be
no reason at all to use paid solutions like Evernote or Notion for personal
notes.

Based on discussions & repo, it seems that no movement in this direction is
planned.

I have only one question – why?
Is it really more convenient for everyone to save files in Dropbox using
crutches, constantly losing changes between devices and merging conflicts?

Are these some kind of ideological reasons?