Hi V,
this is a very important topic...
I also would like to have the browser storage plugin play a more important
role, because for some first-time users it is a deception that their
changes are not saved when they return - couchDB could heal this.
One setback for noteself was that the service proposed there - cloudant -
was bought by ...IBM? and it became more complicated to obtain it.

Another problem is that browser storage is great for personal notetaking
but not if your wiki is meant for others (like students and so on....).
If you are working on various machines and basically saving to a server, it
can have unwanted side effects like Zombi-Tiddlers reappearing after they
have been deleted and then saved are back by accident.
So I never really used browser storage, and so I cannot say whether the
idea is weird:

I would like to have a sort of browser storage-on-demand, where you are
either asked whether you want to recover from the  browser storage in the
beginning if there is saved content that is not in the server-version.

Best wishes Jan

P.S. It would be great to continue this discussion on
https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/ It took me some time to find out why I could
not reply in the there.

mcdermott...@gmail.com schrieb am Montag, 22. November 2021 um 17:26:29
UTC+1: