This is what I'm doing (not all real now, but all have been used)::
[[AddressBook|Alan'stwab.html]]
[[Glucose Tracking|Alan'sGlucoseTracking.html]]
[[TiddlyTaskAttacker|Alan'sTiddlyTaskAttacker.html]]
[[Alan's GtD file|Alans mgsd.html]]
Basically, I'm forgoing the 'file://' before relative links to
other .html files.  It has been working consistently on multiple
machines on Windows, Linux, and Mac I have not tried it with spaces in
a file title since that sometimes doesn't play nice in Linux or
Windows; but within [[ ]], worth a try.
Good Luck!
Alan