Hi Ton

The problem lies with the filter expression used to to list the PageControl
items in $:/core/ui/PageTemplate/sidebar

[is[shadow]!has[draft.of]tag[$:/tags/PageControls]]
[!is[shadow]!has[draft.of]tag[$:/tags/PageControls]]

The two "tag" filter operators work on the shadow and non-shadow tiddlers
with the tag $:/tags/PageControls separately, correctly sorting the
tiddlers according to the list field on the tag, but then the results of
the two lists are just concatenated, making it impossible to interleave
shadow and non-shadow items.

The fix is to add a final filter operation that gathers up the results so
far and sorts them again:

[is[shadow]!has[draft.of]tag[$:/tags/PageControls]]
[!is[shadow]!has[draft.of]tag[$:/tags/PageControls]]
+[tag[$:/tags/PageControls]]

This will be fixed in alpha.16 for all the tag-configurable lists.

Best wishes

Jeremy

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Ton Gerner <ton.ger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Customization of TW5 becomes simpler per release and I must say I love it.
> Adding buttons to my toolbar in the top menu can in many cases now be done
> by transcluding some code part instead of copying/pasting code from shadow
> tiddlers.
>
> Experimenting with the PageControl buttons, I could rearrange them by
> rearranging the list in the $:/tags/PageControls shadow tiddler.
> My top menu contains a Home button $:/Top-home-button. I tagged it with
> $:/tags/PageControls and the Home button showed up to the right of the
> PageControl buttons.
> Inspecting the list in the $:/tags/PageControls shadow tiddler showed:
>
> $:/core/ui/PageControls/new-tiddler $:/core/ui/PageControls/control-panel
> $:/core/ui/PageControls/save-wiki
>
> To be honest, I expected my Home button tiddler there as well but that is
> not the case.
> Adding $:/Top-home-button at the begining of the list had no effect on the
> position of the Home button.
>
> Adding tabs to the SideBar shows the same behaviour: you can add new tabs
> only to the right of the More tab and the new tab(s) don't show up in the
> list of the $:/tags/SideBar shadow tiddler. Adding them to the list has no
> effect.
> And the new tabs show up in the order of creation.
>
> Am I missing something or is it not possible to rearrange *all* (core and
> 'home made') buttons and/or tabs?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ton
>
>  --