> I don't see the deadlock with the information provided regarding the meta
> information exchange.
> If there is a syncfile from tw A for tw B, then tw B should delete it
> after:
> - the syncfile was recognized (tw B could check every 10 seconds) and
> -- tw B updated itself according to the syncfile from A
> -- tw B does nothing, because it's already in sync

What if you have three users, or four, or five? What if their browser is
down for lunch / over night / during vacation / during the weekend? ...with
pending changes? Try not to think of TiddlyWikis as running without a user
and a browser... they don't, unless they come with a server. They could do
some background talky-talky in an open browser session, but doing
background merging and also pushing syncfiles without user interaction?!? I
don't think so.

Best wishes, Tobias.