Hi Chris,

Nice to see, that you still scan the topics.

I do have a running version of TiddlyWeb and TW5 [1] with an adaptor,
similar to the one you use for tank.
But as you wrote, setting it up is not straight forward. ...

I activated https, to be able to use the simple auth mechanism.

I changed TW5 (warning 5.0.9 really old) control panel to get some server
settings. ... The problem here is, that the default recipe can _not_ be set
the way I imagined it, since TW needs a reload to activate it.

Also tiddler bag handling is far away from optimal in TW5.

tweb.at has a TiddlyWeb backend [2] too, but doesn't use it. yet :)
I did some experiments, to find a workflow, that is easy to understand and
easy to maintain. ...

The problem is, .. if you want to expose something to the web it needs to
be secure.
So at the end the whole system gets more and more complex :/ Too many
moving parts (for my taste)

The setting is like this:

 - nginx serves the "naked" TW5 index.html
   - this index.html contains the hardcoded default recipe settings.
   - at startup, it reads a skinny list of all tiddlers.
   - If a tiddler is accessed the "fat" version is read.
 - tiddlyweb api is exposed by nginx with uwsgi.
 - tiddlyweb uses the simple text store.

have fun!
mario

[1] https://dev.tweb.at/