Hi Barter,

... and welcome!

Classic plugins don't work with TW5 and there are no exceptions.

A lot of TW people are looking for a replacement for Personal Brain and
similar. I came to TW after using Brain, Vue, Inspiration and various
others. I've stuck with TW after I understood a bit about the technology
underpinning it and coming into contact with the community of user which
has grown up around the tool.

TiddlyMap is the closest to the brain, and in my opinion many many times
superior. One reason it exists in a rapidly expanding ecosystem of
compatible code. If you wanted a timeline in your concept map, you can do
this quite simply, KiXam's timeline [1] uses the same library as Felix's
TiddlyMap

best

Alex

[1] http://kixam.github.io/TW5-visjsTimeline/