> I'm also not sure on the practicality of using this... for emojis. What
> would be the benefit over a simple enumeration? Or, perhaps asked
> differently, what do those "vectors" represent in your view?

Perhaps;

{#34][#85][#77]
[#41][#99][#85]

The #xx is my own made up utf-encoding of an emoji
First row is the array, listing the "heads" e.g second item (#85) is a
bicycle
Lower row are the "tail ends"
...i.e for bicycle+1 (i.e #85+1=#86) you get a tricycle. #87 is vespa. and
so on untill #99 - then back up to #85 again.

Note that chain #85-#99 overlaps #77-#86 because #84 is a "skateboard" and
in the context of #77 also bicycle (#85) fits in. But in the chain starting
with #85 the skateboard is not considered fitting.

One could imagine further chain snips when they exist;

{#34][#85][#77]
[#41][#99][#85]
[#50]
[#58]

i.e there is the #34 chain that streches to 41 but then continues with 50
to 58 (then up to 34 again)

The fine point, I assume, is that you don't really store any emojis. You
store a small set of utf codes (the start and end) and "mathematially" flip
to any emoji between them.

Freak out idea: What if instead of only cycling to next emoji, it would
open up a visual array of the chain... and when clicking an emoji, this is
set to be the tag but if you click this, then this now opens up a visual
array that includes all the chains it is part of! This way you could
*navigate* among emojis!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c4e5ad3c-196d-4e3e-8e47-08eb2e7805be%40googlegroups.com.