Hi Vincent,

>> 1. Create a tiddler with a short paragraph (shorter than a line), an
>> empty line and another paragraph (line after 2 linebreaks). Go to the view
>> mode, click the first paragraph, go to the its end. Press right: what I get
>> is an *extra* block to the right from the first paragraph, then I press
>> right again, I get the empty line block (which is ok), then the second
>> paragraph. Interestingly enough, if I have a paragraph, a linebreak and a
>> list item (only one linebreak after the paragraph before the "*" symbol), I
>> get this "extra block", too; however, list items don't generate this "extra
>> block" (which can be seen if tiddler contains a list item and then a
>> paragraph). Another aspect: empty lines don't generate the "extra block".
>>

>> The "extra block" corresponds to a BR element in the DOM tree. A
>> paragraph is usually followed by a BR, therefore you see that extra block.
>> An empty line is nothing but a BR, so that edit box for an empty line is
>> already that "extra box" itself, and that's why you don't get another extra
>> box again. Anything that's not followed by a BR does not give you this
>> extra box.
>>
>> I am still thinking of a good way to handle those BR's.....
>>
>> Well, I think a BR element should generate an edit block only if it is
>> followed by another BR, and if changes are to be applied the text should be
>> inserted after it [the first one].
>>

> That is a good idea, but what confuses me now is the seemingly
> unpredictable appearance/disappearance of the BR's immediately before/after
> a block element...

I have to admit, I'm not sure what possible problem you're talking about
(well, at least I don't understand what are the possible causes). Or may be
you have tested this already?

Best regards,
Yakov.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/4143266b-f38a-4adc-8518-aa8b17015c62%40googlegroups.com.