Something I've often wanted is a glossary whose terms could have multiple
definitions, along with a way to reference a specific definition from a
point of use. This would be useful in preparing an edition of a
philosophical text whose author uses the same term to mean different things
depending on context. The role of the editor would be to mark up the
author's text so that crucial words point to the specific definition
indicated by the context.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/ef21aa32-f876-48db-b7fb-cb17160b516a%40googlegroups.com.